'Counter' is an intense and claustrophobic character drama that narrates the story of John and Madeleine. A normal couple plan their wedding until one night John tells Madeleine that he doesn't want to get married. As the night continues, John and Madeleine talk about their relationship. What starts out as a conversation about trying to find the root of their problems evolves into an argument where all the resentment and hate accumulated over the years comes out.
In 'Counter' characters seem lonely and distant from each other, physically and emotionally. They seem to be trapped in rooms as empty as their relationship. Shot as a dialogue driven short film with two scenes (one of them 12 minutes), 'Counter' explores the fears and flaws of the human soul and the darkest side of relationships and its deterioration over time. Both actors deliver strong moving performances that show the vulnerabilities and fears of people afraid to be hurt.
- Cast: Anne-Sophie Niego, Atticus Gude.
- Director: Álvaro Ortega S.
- Screenplay: Álvaro Ortega S.
- Story by: Juan Carlos Moreno.
- Producer: Juan Carlos Moreno.
- Executive Producer: Álvaro Ortega S.
- Production Manager: Tracey Wilson.
- Director of Photography: Kellen Gibbs.
- Editing: Álvaro Ortega S.
- Gaffer: Kuang Jun.
- Sound Mixer: Eeshaan Roy.
- Color Correction: Kuang Jun.
Runtime: 15 min.